Building Trust in Your Marriage
Trust is not forcefully demanded in a relationship. Trust is earned. Trust is not a wedding gift or love song, trust is built up by a spouse who wants to experience marriage without tears.
Covenant values of trust
1. Trust will make your spouse or partner to commit greater responsibilities into your care. Some people don't allow their spouse to touch certain areas of their business, finance, ministry etc bcos they don't trust their spouse. When your spouse trusts you, he/she wouldn't mind putting everything in your hands.
2. Trust will move a good marriage to a better marriage and a better marriage to the best marriage.
3. Trust will provide everlasting security to your marriage and relationship such that when others are crashing, your own will be bouncing.
4. Trust will reveal you as a man or woman of integrity, values and godly standard before your spouse.
5. Trust will make your spouse to defend you both in public and in private when people criticize and accuse you falsely.
6. Trust will make your spouse to love you more. Because who you trust, you are bound to love.
7. Trust will earn you respect and appreciations from your spouse. When your spouse trusts you, he /she will recommend you before people.
8. Trust will exempt you from unnecessary scrutiny and suspicion from your spouse. When your spouse trusts you, he/she will not be suspecting and monitoring every move you make.
How Do you Build Trust?
1. Be honest and sincere. When your yes is yes and no is no, trust is built.
2. Be a lifetime lover of righteousness and one who hates anything evil with passion. Once your spouse knows you to be like that, he/she will trust you.
3. Be a keeper of promises. Don't promise what you can't do. Keeping promises can make your spouse build trust in you.
4. Maintain your integrity. Forgiveness is instant but building trust can take some time. If you want your spouse to trust you keep doing good, keep your integrity as long as you both live. If you change from good to bad, you lose the trust your spouse has in you.
5. Be loyal to your spouse. If you are a betrayer, you cannot earn the trust of your spouse. Protect and defend the interests of your spouse.